Curious about the up to date professional poker player rankings? “Poker is a hard way to make an easy living.” as the old saying goes. In truth, it takes a lot of dedication and discipline to become a professional poker player; it is certainly not a career path for the faint of heart. It takes true grit to make it to the big leagues of poker.
A player can call themselves a professional player when it is their main hustle and can survive off their winnings. Estimates say that around 100 million people play poker throughout the world. But a few of those players bluffed and bullied their way to the top while cementing their legacies into poker history. Not to mention becoming millionaires in the process.
There sure have been some legends throughout the history of the game. Today’s top players are winning big and making sure they find their place in poker history, like the top players on the all-time money list. These are the current professional poker player rankings.
- Bryn Kenney, a superstar with a net earning of 56 million dollars from New York, USA. Bryn has been playing for about 13 years now on the Pro Circuit. Since his start in 2007, he has won one WSOP bracelet in 2014 and made it to the final table 7 times.
- Justin Bonomo is next in line with a net worth of 45 million dollars. A 35-year-old from Virginia, USA. He was the youngest player in history to make it to a final table WSOP. Since then, he has gone on to win three WSOP bracelets.
- Daniel Negreanu coming in with a net earning of 42 million dollars and was considered the GOAT. He hails from Canada and is 46 years. The GOAT has won a stunning 6 WSOP bracelets and reached the final table 38 times, and has won two World Poker Tours.
- Erik Seidel is earning a net worth of 38 million dollars and coming out of New York, USA, and is 62 years old. He currently is the holder of eight WSOP bracelets and has made it to the final table 35 times. He also holds titles at both the European and World Poker Tours.
- Dan Smith is coming in with a net worth of 37 million dollars and is found his way out of New Jersey, USA. He is 32 years of age and holds one title at World Poker Tour.
Then rounding off the top ten best all-time money player in the world:
- Stephen Chidwick– $35 million
- David Peters– $34 million
- Fedor Holz– $32.5 million
- Phil Ivey– $31 million
- Jason Koon– $ 31 million
With money like that, it is no wonder 100 million people worldwide are willing to go all-in. However, the average professional poker plays do not even come close to those top 10 player winnings; the average player makes between $25,000 to $500,000 dollars annually.
Fortunately, with a game like poker, they could get their big break with the next hand. So if you have dreams of making it on the list one day, you must remember what it takes to make it to the top. It takes a considerable commitment; Dedication, practice, long hours of studying, and some severe losses along the way, but if you can endure all that, we might just see you now on the next list.
A $25,000 Championship plays this weekend on Casino Channel Network! Check it out and other cash games.